5/02/2015

Singapore Bound #1

Here I am again! 26 now! And I did something fun this year for my birthday. It was more like a belated birthday present I gave to myself. I traveled to Singapore with my 2 best friends!

We've been planning for a trip to Singapore since we were in high school, but never got the chance to actually go. So this year, we made it happen! Here's the recap of our journey in Singapore!

Sisterhood of traveling.. umm.. pants!? Whatever.. We are besties for life!


Day 1 : Gardens by the Bay

We totally forgot that a conference called KAA would be held around the days we were traveling thus the three of us, Monic, Intan and I, had to go to the airport waayy to early for our 11am flight as we read from the news that few main roads would be closed for the conference and the traffic could be bad. It was a working Tuesday but we left at 4 in the morning along with other people who work in Jakarta. All the way from Bogor to the airport =.= Hoahmm

We arrived at the airport very early. Only took us 1 hour or so to get to the airport (whoa, so surreal, from Bogor to Cengkareng!?) but our flight was still at 11am, then we wait sleepily at the airport til our time to depart. Cause better safe than sorry, right?

When we arrived at Changi, it instantly reminded me of China. Nice airport anywhere else but Indonesia. It's been too long since the last time I traveled. We took the MRT to our hotel in Bugis area. Out from the MRT station, hell yeah, it was just like China, the compound, shopping centers, restaurants and everything around Bugis area. Even when we passed a walking street, some street vendors were shouting and selling their stuffs in Chinese. What a familiar feeling, and to realize that I could understand whatever they were saying, I couldn't get lost in Singapore. I've got Melayu, English and Chinese.

After checking in and putting our stuffs in the hotel room, we went to Bayfront, just in time for the show at Gardens by the Bay.








P.S. One thing that I've missed soo much is being able to stroll at night or going out at night wearing whatever you wanna wear, even the shortest tinniest piece of pants ever existed in the world that you've got, without worrying getting harassed.



- meLLe -


No comments:

Post a Comment